Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Addictions

As a volunteer for the Friends of the Jacksonville Public Library, I have been working at the warehouse sorting books for the Warehouse Sale the first weekend in March.  For every hour a volunteer works you are allowed to take a book. Many I bring home, read and return to the sale. But lately I've come across a number of craft/knitting books from the 1940's -50's.  The other day a large donation came in and I found The Wise Handbook of Kitting and Crocheting by Miriam Morrison Peake 1949. I just love the graphic's ! Some really cool tops and a interesting section on socks. Plus, a Woman's Day Kitting Annual 1948, 87 exclusive designs with directions (twenty cents) Its kind of beat up and was being tossed...I just had to rescue it. :o)
Last was a 1957 Woman's Day Gift Book: Complete instructions for making 125 gifts. My son is interested in mid-century modern so this will come in handy...I'll have to make him something out of it for next Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment